My Lovely Followers

Thursday 26 November 2015

We 6 Cats - Gift Bag Stocking Filler - Thursday Digi-Stamp Blog Project for Little Claire

Good Morning Everyone! 


It's Sarah here with a new Digi-Stamp Project. I have used parts from the Digi-Stamp - We 6 Cats.

This is a very cute stamp and continuing my theme of dissecting the digi-stamp I have made these fun stocking filler gift bags - which could also be put on the tree!


I filled these with Lindt Lindor chocolates :)

Here is a list of materials and products I used for this project:





Smooth white Card Stock - to print on 
Blue, Red and shiney Green Card Stock
Lawn Fawn Die - Goodie Bag 
Large hole punch
Acetate
Ribbon and Twine
Scissors
Glue and Foam Pads

Firstly I cropped 3 of the Digi-Stamp cats (separately) in Photoshop Elements and erased the lines so I had 3 single cats. (Previous tutorial explaining this - here). 

My tutorial this time is to show how you can colour the Digi-stamp on the computer, so when you print it - you are ready to start creating. This is good if you have lots of the same thing to make and no time to colour each image individually. 

 
Select the paint bucket tool on the left (as picture above) and select the colour you want to use by clicking on the colour square and selecting a colour from the pallet (as picture below). Then click on the part of the digi-stamp you wish to colour and this will fill the whole area in - example above shows the Christmas hats in red.



Carry on doing this with various colours until the whole stamp is coloured in the way you want. This is also handy for trying out colour combinations, if it doesn't work you can just change the colour - rather than have to start your whole project again if colouring by hand. I settled on the colours below.
 

To make the gift bag I used the Lawn Fawn Goodie Bag die, which you need to cut out twice to make one complete bag. I cut out two in each of the colours - red, green and blue. I then punched out three circles, on one of the die cut card, in each colour. I then cut some acetate big enough to cover the circle and adhered this to the inside of the die cut to make a window. 



Then I used a bone folder to fold along the score lines and glued the tabs with wet glue to assemble. Using wet glue allows me to get the tabs in the correct place as wet blue allows some movement. I made each half first and then glued these two together. 
To finish I die cut some snowflakes and hand cut the cats out. I attached the cats with foam pads to the bag and glued the snowflakes on, adding clear gems to the centre of the snowflakes for a sparkly finish.




I finally filled the bags with the chocolates and then tied the top with ribbon and twine.

digi We 6 Cats

Thanks for stopping by to take a look, hope you enjoyed the gift bag project!


Sarah x

 P.S. check out my website :


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't give away your secrets!!! Price? x

Sarah Bell said...

I will message you Julia x